Kitchen Wood Flooring
If you’re in search of wood flooring for your kitchen, it’s important that you take into consideration what a tough environment kitchens can be when it comes to wood. Wood is a natural material, and reacts to changes in temperature and humidity by expanding and contracting. Extreme and rapid cases of expansion and contraction can cause havoc with wooden floors. Add to this, spills, grease and high traffic around your work triangle and you’ll start to see there’s more than just good looks to take into account when choosing a wooden floor for your kitchen.
Without a doubt, engineered wood flooring is more suitable for a kitchen environment than solid wood. Solid wood flooring is made up of planks of one single species of wood and nothing else. While solid wood flooring will remain perfectly stable in many rooms in the home, the kitchen is not one of them. The changes in temperature caused by ovens and hobs can cause solid wooden flooring to buckle and warp because it expands so much when the kitchen is “in action” and then cause gaps to develop when the kitchen temperature returns to normal.
It is for these reasons that engineered wood flooring, which is a much more stable flooring option, is more suitable. So why is engineered wood flooring more stable? It is more stable because it is a man made construction, designed with maximum stability in mind. It is made up of layers of different types of wood, which are bonded together and then topped with a solid wood lamella or top layer. Because of its top layer, it looks just like solid wood, but because of the construction of its under layer, it will not expand and contract like solid wood, making it the ideal choice for your kitchen.
Items 1-15 of 290
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone Espresso Piccolo Brushed UV Oiled 14/3mm By 90mm By 600mmSpecial Price £41.90 /m² £27.24 Regular Price £91.10 /m² £59.22
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone Dark Smoked Brushed UV Oiled 14/3mm By 90mm By 600mmSpecial Price £43.00 /m² £27.95 Regular Price £66.20 /m² £43.03
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone White Sand Brushed UV Oiled 13/4mm By 140mm By 580mmSpecial Price £49.00 /m² £39.69 Regular Price £73.00 /m² £59.13
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Bespoke River Brushed UV Lacquered 16/4mm By 180mm By 1500-2400mmSpecial Price £58.90 /m² £58.90 Regular Price £107.09 /m² £107.09
- Select Solid Flooring Oak Herringbone Smoked Grey Brushed UV Oiled 18mm By 70mm By 280mmSpecial Price £49.66 /m² £48.67 Regular Price £77.60 /m² £76.05
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Smoked Brushed UV Oiled 14/3mm By 190mm By 1900mmSpecial Price £34.90 /m² £75.73 Regular Price £68.75 /m² £149.19
- Prime Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone White Grey Brushed UV Oiled 14/3mm By 98mm By 790mmSpecial Price £42.00 /m² £39.06 Regular Price £73.68 /m² £68.52
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone Slate Grey Brushed UV Lacquered 15/4mm By 90mm By 600mmSpecial Price £43.26 /m² £56.24 Regular Price £80.11 /m² £104.14
- Natural Engineered Oak Brushed UV Oiled 14/3mm By 190mm By 400-1500mmSpecial Price £30.90 /m² £77.56 Regular Price £52.14 /m² £130.87
- Prime Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone Sunny White Brushed UV Oiled 14/3mm By 98mm By 588mmSpecial Price £43.90 /m² £30.29 Regular Price £78.38 /m² £54.08
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone Smoked Brushed UV Oiled 14/3mm By 90mm By 600mmSpecial Price £43.00 /m² £27.95 Regular Price £82.70 /m² £53.76
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Non Visible Brushed UV Lacquered 14/3mm By 190mm By 400-1500mmSpecial Price £30.90 /m² £88.07 Regular Price £135.27 /m² £385.52
- Natural Engineered Oak Coffee Brushed UV Oiled 14/3mm By 150mm By 400-1500mmSpecial Price £29.50 /m² £58.41 Regular Price £61.49 /m² £121.75
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Zink White UV Oiled 14/3mm By 180mm By 1800-2200mmSpecial Price £38.00 /m² £38.00 Regular Price £60.31 /m² £60.31
- Natural Solid Flooring Oak Lacquered 20mm By 120mm By 500-1900mmSpecial Price £42.92 /m² £55.37 Regular Price £79.85 /m² £103.01