Conservatory Wood Flooring
Wood flooring in a conservatory is not only a highly practical option, it can look really stylish too, but it’s important that you choose the right type of wood flooring. Generally speaking, conservatories, thanks to their abundance of glass have a tendency to get extremely hot at certain times of day and then cool down quite rapidly. Depending on the age and construction of the conservatory, this heating up and cooling down can also give rise to condensation.
Temperature and moisture changes pose challenges for solid wood floors. Solid wood flooring is made up from solid pieces of wood and nothing else. Because wood is a completely natural material, it expands and contracts when moisture and temperatures rise and fall.
Expansion and contraction in solid wood flooring is completely normal and happens in every room, but it can cause problems when it becomes extreme, as it can in conservatories. Rapid, repeated and excessive expansion and contraction can cause solid wood to warp and buckle and to develop large gaps between the boards, none of which is desirable. It is for this reason that engineered wood flooring is the most effective wood flooring for a conservatory.
Made up from layers of different wood products, which are bonded together to create an impressively strong and stable board, it’s the addition of the solid wood lamella, or top layer that makes engineered wood so appealing. Thanks to this solid wood topping, engineered wood looks just like solid wood, but due to its clever construction, it can withstand moisture and temperature changes much better than solid wood, making it the ideal choice for your conservatory. What’s more, if your conservatory gets lots of sun, you can even choose to have your floor finished with an ultra violet filter to protect its colour.
Items 1-15 of 280
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone White Sand Brushed UV Oiled 13/4mm By 140mm By 580mmSpecial Price £51.00 /m² £41.31 Regular Price £73.00 /m² £59.13
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone Espresso Piccolo Brushed UV Oiled 14/3mm By 90mm By 600mmSpecial Price £41.90 /m² £27.24 Regular Price £91.10 /m² £59.22
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone Smoked Brushed UV Oiled 15/4mm By 90mm By 600mmSpecial Price £41.05 /m² £35.30 Regular Price £63.16 /m² £54.32
- Prime Engineered Flooring Oak Click London White Brushed UV Matt Lacquered 13/3.5mm By 198mm By 790-2400mmSpecial Price £37.00 /m² £37.00 Regular Price £71.42 /m² £71.42
- Prime Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone White Grey Brushed UV Oiled 14/3mm By 98mm By 790mmSpecial Price £42.00 /m² £39.06 Regular Price £73.68 /m² £68.52
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Bespoke River Brushed UV Lacquered 16/4mm By 180mm By 1500-2400mmSpecial Price £58.90 /m² £58.90 Regular Price £107.09 /m² £107.09
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Brushed UV Oiled 14/3mm By 190mm By 1900mmSpecial Price £33.90 /m² £73.56 Regular Price £71.56 /m² £155.29
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Non Visible Brushed UV Lacquered 14/3mm By 190mm By 400-1500mmSpecial Price £30.90 /m² £88.07 Regular Price £135.27 /m² £385.52
- Select Solid Flooring Oak Herringbone Smoked Grey Brushed UV Oiled 18mm By 70mm By 280mmSpecial Price £49.66 /m² £48.67 Regular Price £77.60 /m² £76.05
- Prime Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone White Grey Brushed UV Oiled 14/3mm By 98mm By 588mmSpecial Price £43.90 /m² £30.29 Regular Price £82.82 /m² £57.15
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone UV Lacquered No Bevel 11/3.6mm By 70mm By 490mmSpecial Price £35.90 /m² £73.95 Regular Price £66.00 /m² £135.96
- Prime Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone Sunny White Brushed UV Oiled 14/3mm By 98mm By 588mmSpecial Price £43.90 /m² £30.29 Regular Price £78.38 /m² £54.08
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone Smoked Brushed UV Oiled 14/3mm By 90mm By 600mmSpecial Price £43.00 /m² £27.95 Regular Price £82.70 /m² £53.76
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Dark Coffee Brushed UV Lacquered 10/3mm By 150mm By 1200mmSpecial Price £25.90 /m² £46.62 Regular Price £65.06 /m² £117.11
- Natural Engineered Flooring Oak Herringbone Cognac UV Oiled 13/4mm By 140mm By 580mmSpecial Price £52.00 /m² £42.12 Regular Price £97.90 /m² £79.30