Mahogany Worktop has a very distinct rich reddish-brown, deep and dark color which darkens over time, it is very durable. Wood and Beyond Mahogany worktops surfaces are constructed from 40mm wide staves, carefully crafted from the highest quality raw materials to provide maximum strength, stability and durability throughout the years of service the worktop will provide. The worktop comes square edged and sanded to a super smooth 150 grit finish. It is supplied unfinished and will require oiling prior to installation. This worktop comes in a length of 3m or 4m width of 650 mm and a thickness of 40mm. Mahogany is the perfect choice for any modern or classic kitchen, and it will be a great focal point in any kitchen.
Mahogany Worktop Construction
Mahogany Worktop is made from staves of solid wood which are then cut, selected, graded and kiln dried to ensure a moisture level suitable for domestic interior use such as the kitchen. These materials are then glued together to form one homogeneous panel of wood which is stable and durable. Mahogany Worktop is especially designed for interior use and will easily handle the day to day use required from a kitchen or bar worktop. The worktop is very easy to maintain, needing only the occasional oil coating and basic care.
About This Wood
Mahogany is used to describe numerous varieties of dark-coloured hardwood which includes names such as 'West Indian' and 'Cuban mahogany'. The reddish-brown colour wood enjoys a straight grain and is usually free of voids and pockets. It is used in a variety of ways from the construction of flooring, worktops and other types of furniture to musical instrument construction in the shape of drums.
Why We Recommend Mahogany Worktops
- It has a distinct reddish-brown colour
- Very stylish wood, yet able to create a warm feeling around it
- High end worktop at an affordable price
Wood and Beyond uses a premium delivery service. Following your order, a customer service agent will contact you to arrange a delivery day which suits you so we don't show up at your door when you're not ready. The cost of this service is a flat fee no matter how many worktops, decking or flooring products you order of £45.00 to cover London and the surrounding areas and wales , £65.00 to cover Cumbria, Devon, Cornwall, £80.00 to cover Scotland and £90.00 to cover Ireland. To mainland UK (excluding Scotland, Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Isle of Wight, Cumbria, Devon, Cornwall) we also offer a FREE delivery if your order exceeds £999. Take advantage of this service when ordering with us and select multiple products in one order.
Free sample is available to order. We charge £1.5 delivery which will be refunded once you've placed your order with us. The sample will allow you to feel the high quality wood and see its beautiful rich markings. We aim to dispatch the sample within a day so you won't have to wait long. Simply choose the 'Free Sample' option and complete the secure checkout process.
When you receive your worktops, it is very important to store them completely flat (it is recommended on supporting bearers) until you are ready to install. All worktops need to be kept inside your house (not in a garage or any other outbuilding). During storage, please make sure that they are kept well away from extreme heat (radiators, under floor heating etc) and kept away from any moist areas (recently plastered walls, dump basements etc). Before installation, please make sure you oil your worktops at least three coats on ALL sides including edges, we recommend using Danish Oil or Worktop Oil. After installation, you will need to oil the upper parts of the worktop once a week for the first 6 weeks, then approximately every three month- depending on the usage. This is standard practice for real wood worktops as they are made from natural materials.
It is essential to fit protective END-CAPS on worktops, sited directly alongside or near high heat ovens like Aga, Rayburn or Range. As you are aware, these ovens produce intensive heat, and the end caps are protecting the worktop ends from drying out and splitting.
Also, if your worktop is being installed above kitchen appliances that produce a large amount of heat or vapours (washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers, boilers or built-in fridges & freezers), then it is highly advisable to fit a moisture barrier/Silver Foil to protect your worktops against these factors.
Order all your worktop installation accessories from us and enjoy our FREE DELIVERY offer on accessories such as worktops oil, upstands, Hot Rods and more worktops accessories.
When you receive your worktops, it is very important to store them completely flat (it is recommended on supporting bearers) until you are ready to install. All worktops need to be kept inside your home (not in a garage or any other outbuilding). During storage, please make sure that they are kept well away from extreme heat (radiators, under floor heating etc) and kept away from any moist areas (recently plastered walls, dump basements etc).
Before installation, please make sure you oil your worktops at least three coats on ALL sides including edges, we recommend using Danish Oil or Worktop Oil. After installation, you will need to oil the upper parts of the worktop once a week for the first 6 weeks, then approximately every three month- depending on the usage. This is standard practice for real wood worktops as they are made from natural materials.
Hardwood worktops must be fitted to the base units using ‘slotted expansion brackets’ only. Providing the screws are not over-tightened, these brackets will allow for the worktop to naturally expand and contract across the width in accordance with slight changes in humidity. Failure to use the correct brackets, or if fitted incorrectly, can apply undue stress to the worktop and may cause splitting to occur.
Wood and Beyond worktops comes untreated, you must oil them at least 3 times ( on both sides and corners in order to lock the moisture in) If you are cutting the worktops. It is advised to apply as many coats as possible to the end-grain of the worktops as this is the area which will absorb the most moisture. We recommend around four to five coats to be applied around tap holes, sink cutouts and areas of heavy use or exposure.
To keep the wood worktop in prestige condition once the worktop has been installed, you need to keep oiling the upper part, we strongly recommend on using Danish Oil or Worktop Oil. A process which takes just a few minutes.
1. Although its construction is already extremely durable, like any other worktop treat it well and avoid dragging heavy items on its surface which might result in scaring or denting.
2. Water spills and other liquids should always be mopped up immediately to prevent stains to the surface - especially during the first few weeks of installation. We advise keeping a tea towel handy solely for this purpose.
3. If you managed to dent the worktop (which is extremely rare) not all is lost. Spray some water on the dent, place a dump textile fabric on top of the dent and iron the surface. Quality wooden worktop should react well to this fix and raise back.
4. Wooden worktops require the occasional oil top up. Buy timber worktop re-coating oil to apply ever months or so.
5. When it comes to stains, liquid spills and food residue you really cannot afford to leave those for long. On top of the hygienic concerns you should have, mopping up quickly will prevent the liquids from penetrating the wood and leaving stains.
5. When working in the kitchen, it is very easy to get distracted and place warm pans on the worktop straight from the hot cooking stove or oven. Hot pans, rough-bottomed objects and wet items should not be placed directly onto a wooden work surface - always use granite inserts, hot-rods, trivets, pan stands or heat-resistant mats to protect the worktop from scorch marks. Direct contact from iron, steel or copper vessels can also stain the timber surfaces and should therefore be avoided.
6. Always use a chopping board for food preparation - cutting directly onto the worktop will damage the surface.
You may also download these instructions and tips in PDF by clicking on the file below
Why Purchase from Us?