Wood and Beyond Flooring Warranty
Terms and Conditions
Wood is a natural product with natural color variations, grain variations, and tone variations. It is also the responsibility of the person installing the floor to de-select any faulty or damaged boards prior to the installation as no claims for faulty or damaged boards can be accepted after the installation.
Wood and Beyond warrants that its Products, in their original manufactured condition, will be free from structural defects for a period of 10 years.
STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY (Solid Wood Flooring)
Hardwood flooring, being a natural hygroscopic product, will expand and contract through heating and non-heating seasons. During these seasons you may experience some separation between the boards. This is not a product defect and is not covered by this WARRANTY. Correct job site pre-inspection, installation and maintenance procedures must be followed. Failure caused by excessive expansion of the flooring, excessive subfloor moisture and/or water damage, including but not limited to, broken water pipes or flooding, are not covered under this WARRANTY.
10 YEAR STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY WARRANTY (Engineered Flooring)
Wood and Beyond additionally warrant that all its engineered hardwood flooring Products will not delaminate, wear through, buckle, cup or warp. Correct job site pre-inspection, installation and maintenance procedures must be followed. Flooring or Ply-adhesive breakdown caused by excessive/inconsistent heat changes, excessive subfloor moisture and/or water damage, including but not limited to broken water pipes or flooding, are not covered under this WARRANTY.
Wood and Beyond LIABILITY (All Products)
If in the unlikely event that any portion of your Product should fail with respect to the provisions of these warranties, Wood and Beyond will repair, refinish, or replace such portion, at no cost to you using either the same wood, or a suitable alternative should the original wood no longer be stocked by us. In the unlikely event Wood and Beyond is unable to correct any portion of a defective Product after a reasonable number of attempts, Wood and Beyond will refund the purchase price for the portion of the Product that is defective pursuant to the terms of the delivery and returns policy set out at www.woodandbeyond.com.
This warranty does not cover any extra costs stemming from a defective Product, such as the removal of furniture, fixtures, electrical items or labour costs.
Wood and Beyond promises to investigate each complaint on individual merit. To be a valid breach of warranty the problem must be solely attributable to a manufacturing fault and the correct fitting instructions and maintenance of the boards must have been fully adhered to. In the unlikely event of instructions not being provided with a Product, copies should be requested from Wood and Beyond prior to installation. Where you are not installing the Product personally, a copy of the installation instructions must be provided to the fitter prior to installation.
Colour variations in flooring are a natural occurrence due to species, age, character of flooring and exposure to UV light or sunlight. For these reasons, new and/or replacement flooring may not match display samples and/or existing flooring.
Naturally occurring wood characteristics, such as variations in grain, colour, knots, mineral streaks, and sap wood are not considered defects.
The ultraviolet rays that can burn and age our skin will affect any organic material, including wood. Prolonged exposure to sunlight will change the colour of virtually any wood floor, regardless of the stain or finish. Some woods lighten when exposed to sunlight. Others, like cherry and oak, tend to darken. This is not a Product defect.
Your flooring requires maintenance. Please follow the instructions that are recommended by Wood and Beyond. The ingress of sand and or dust on to the floor should be prevented by installing a suitable mat by the entrance door(s).
The WARRANTY can only be invoked if the surface wear layer area damaged for each board is greater than 1 sq.cm. Lacquer / Oil / HPPC wear is not classed as surface damage as this represents additional protection and is subject to correct maintenance practices / periodic re-application.
Wood and Beyond reserves the right, and must be offered the opportunity to, inspect the problem in site and, where applicable, to inspect the floor in its installed condition.
The warranty, in respect of Products purchased for non-commercial purposes in domestic/residential locations, lasts for 10 years and is on a sliding scale. When it is applied, account must be taken of a fractional reduction in value caused by wear and tear of 1 part per year. i.e. a 10 year WARRANTY = 10 parts.
Any of the following shall void and invalidate our WARRANTY:
1. Damage due to moisture including, but not limited to, leaking pipes, incorrect maintenance, excessive moisture in subfloor or humidity, or similar damage caused by conditions that are too moist.
2. Damage of a mechanical nature, such as scratches (for example caused by dragging furniture over the floor) or surface damage caused by falling objects. We recommend protective felt pads are fitted to table and chair legs and that wheels and castors are housed inside felt backed holders.
3. Moisture left on the floor, cleaning methods using excessive liquid and/or the use of inappropriate cleaning products.
4. Damage caused by settling or uneven subfloors.
5. Incorrect installations, done in a way that is contrary to the instructions provided.
6. Improper maintenance or inadequate care.
7. Damage resulting from accidents or abuses that stain or scratch the finish of wood flooring, diminish gloss, or indent the surface of the wood.
8. Damage caused by heavy or concentrated foot traffic, pet's claws (nails), sand, gravel and other abrasives.
9. Walking on any Product with stiletto heels. This will cause indentations which are not covered by the WARRANTY. A stiletto heel can concentrate as much as 2,000 pounds per square inch on a floor.
10. Defects and damage caused by manmade or natural disasters including, but not limited to, leaking or broken plumbing, fire, flood, earthquake or standing water during or after construction.
Should you feel that you have to make a claim, please contact us as soon as the problem is noticed. A proof of purchase is necessary to process your claim quickly and efficiently.
Please Note: This warranty is in addition to and does not affect your statutory rights. Please keep this section in a safe place as it will be of benefit to you should you make a claim. Staple the receipt of purchase, a set of installation instructions for the Product and any receipt for installation works to this sheet, as this will act as proof of payment.